One Stop Shop Department (OSS) at the National Investment Commission (NIC).
The One Stop Shop Department is the National Investment Commission’s initial point of contact for investors interested in investing in Iraq. It aims to facilitate and expedite the investment process by providing investors with a streamlined and hassle-free licensing and investment services. In this capacity, the One Stop Shop directorate is the gateway to investment approval throughout Iraq.
- Streamline the investing process by clarifying legislation, and improving service quality in registration, licensing, permitting, and land allocation
- Process investment applications in a single easily accessible spot
- Create a single clearing-house where investors can get answers to all their questions and inquires
- Provide investors with pre-approval support including approval facilitation, local partnering, and information on markets, sectors, and investment incentives
- Provide post-approval support which includes providing the necessary assistance in obtaining permits for importing equipment and raw material, and profit repatriation.
3. Main Activities
- Pre-Issuing Investment Licenses: The new Investment Law No. 13 and its amendments requires investors to obtain investment licenses from the National Investment Commission or from the regional or provincial Commissions. Investors may submit investment license applications to the One Stop Shop Which will endeavor to inform investors of the final Commission’s decision on an application within 45 days from the date of submittal of a complete application.
- Post-licensing support: The One Stop Shop helps to provide support services such as registering the project at the relevant government entity, as well as providing assistance for the project approval, and sponsoring expatriate workers.
4. OSS Department Sections:
The OSS Department is divided between a number of sections, each with specific responsibilities, as follows:
- Reception and Investor Services Section: Responsible for Receiving, registering and inserting application data, as well as responding to investors inquires.
- Coordination and Follow-Up Section: Coordinates the approval process by following up the investment application procedure both internally and through government entities.
- Government Liaison Section: provides the needed support for investors by facilitating any other related procedures with the relevant governmental institutions.
- Licensing Section: Coordinates final approval and issuance of license, and follows up project implementation post-approval.