RESOLUTION NO. 328
In the name of the People:
The Revolution Command Council:
- Pursuant to what has been resolved by the Council,
- Pursuant to Article 53 of the Provisional
- Constitution and Article 47(2) of National Council
- Law No. 55 of 1980; and
- Pursuant to the Provisions of Article 42(a) of the
- Provisional Constitution;
Has in its meeting held on 15/3/1984 resolved to enact the
LAW OF COMMERCE NO. 30 OF 1984
PART I – BASES AND VALID SCOPE OF THE LAW
Article 1. – The basics of this Law are:
- organization of the economic activity of the Socialist, Mixed and Private Sectors in conformity with
the prerequisites of the Development Plan;
- making the role of both the Mixed and Private Sectors complementary to the activity of the Socialist
- curbing the principle of the dominance of will and causing the legal relationship to override
Article 2. – The commercial activities practised by the State are from the basic duties of the State within the scope of providing commodities and services to its nationals.
Article 3. – Commerce is an economic activity which must rest on confidence, loyalty and strict
observance of the rules of law; he who does not abide by the same shall be subject to civil penal liability.
Article 4 –
- This Law shall apply to the economic activity of the Socialist, Mixed and Private Sectors.
- The Civil Law shall apply to all matters not specifically provided for herein or in any other specific